Security basicsThe first book of the anonymity in the Internet
How to Setup PPTP VPN connection on Mac OS X
For setup PPTP VPN connection (vpn mac) on any version of Apple Mac OS X - 10.4 (Tiger), 10.5 (Leopard), 10.6 (Snow Leopard), 10.7 (Lion), 10.8 (Mountain Lion) and 10.9 (Maverick) go to "System Preferences".
Choose section "Network".
Click to sign "+" in the bottom of window.
- Interface: "VPN".
- VPN Type: "PPTP".
- In the field "Service Name" write name of connection. For example, "Mac OS VPN - TheSafety.US".
In the appropriate fields, enter:
- "Server address" - IP address of VPN connection.
- "Account Name" - type Username VPN. This information you can see in section Subscriptions.
- "Encryption" - Maximum (128 bit only).
- Mark "Show VPN status in menu bar".
- Press button "Authentication settings" and type Password VPN. This information you can see in section Subscriptions.
- Press button "Advanced" and on tab "Options" mark "Send all traffic over VPN connection".
For saving data click "Apply".
If you want to connect immediatelym then click to "Connect". At the shown window apply changes.
PPTP VPN connection is established successfully. You will see status "Connected".
In the future to connect to VPN server is enough click to icon of PPTP connection in the right top corner of screen and click "Connect VPN...".
Recommendations from TheSafety.US service
- Check the IP address after successful connection.
- If you have problems with connection, go to section FAQ -> General questions. There are answers to many questions there.
If you have any problems, apply to Technical support,
they will answer and help you!