Security basicsThe first book of the anonymity in the Internet
How to Setup PPTP VPN connection on Windows 8, 7 and Windows Vista
To setup PPTP connection on Windows 8, 7 or Windows Vista go to "Start -> Control Panel".
In opened windows click "View network status and tasks".
Then choose "Set up a new connection or network".
Choose "Connect to a workplace. Set up a dial-up or VPN connection to your". Click "Next".
In the next windows choose "Use my Internet connection (VPN)".
Type the necessary data:
- "Internet address" (for example, 184.108.40.206). Here needs to write IP address of VPN server. This information you can see in section Subscriptions in the panel.
- In field "Destination name" write name of connection, for example, "VPN - TheSafety.US".
- Mark checkbox "Don't connect now; just set it up so I can connect later".
Type the necessary data in the next window:
- "User name" - write Username VPN for your VPN account. This information you can see in section Subscriptions in the panel.
- "Password" - write Password VPN. This information you can see in section Subscriptions in the panel.
- Mark checkbox "Show characters" to simlify password entry and also mark checkbox "Remember this password", if you do not want to enter it again at each connection.
PPTP VPN connection is created. You can connect to VPN server immediately.
To connect to VPN server you should click to icon of computer in system tray and click to button "Connect".
In appeared window click button "Properties" and choose tab "Options". Then unmark "Include Windows logon domain".
On tab "Security"in field "Type of VPN" choose "Point to Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP)". And press button "Ок".
In this windows just press button "Connect".
After login and password checking you will be connected to VPN successfully.
Recommendations from TheSafety.US service
- Check the IP address after successful connection.
- If you have problems with connection, go to section FAQ -> General questions and VPN errors. There are answers to many questions there.
If you have any problems, apply to Technical support,
they will answer and help you!